"Hummingbirds on Teabags" cyanotype mini print series (made to order)
incl. VAT, plus shipping
Delivery Time 5 - 10 Business days
These prints are part of a series I've been developing, experimenting with printing cyanotype onto alternative surfaces.
The humble teabag is already very much a part of our everyday lives, but I am fascinated with exploring ways of turning it into a tiny piece of art!
For this series, I wanted to retain the unmistakeable identity of a teabag - which for me meant printing onto the familiar "string and tag" teabag and using these as integral features of the final piece. There are so many types available and it took some trial and error to find a teabag which worked... I finally tried these familiar brand, biodegradable bags and am so pleased with the result! An extra bonus for me is the "Rainforest Alliance" stamp on the tags which I feel adds a positive environmental message to the piece of art. The negatives I use are printed onto biodegradable OHP film and I am constantly searching for ways to make my practice as an artist more environmentally sustainable.
Presented in a beautiful, slightly textured ivory coloured custom-made double mount, these uniquely original pieces are ready to slot into a 6" x 6" frame of your choice. I am also offering a triptych (set of 3) which is presented in a longer mount measuring 12" x 6".
**Please note that these prints are sold on a made-to-order basis, therefore turnaround time may be a little longer**
Size or Dimensions
Teabag size: 6.5cm x 4cm
Mount size 6" x 6"
Teabag size 6.5cm x 4cm (x3)
Mount size: 12" x 6"
- THESE PRINTS ARE MADE TO ORDER - PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR YOUR PIECE TO ARRIVE :)
- An original cyanotype print made onto an empty biodegradable rectangular teabag
- Presented in a high quality, custom-made mount with a double aperture (please note that the sun was shining when I photographed these pieces, causing the ivory mounts to look "creamier" in colour than they really are!)
- Part of a varied edition, limited to 50 prints of each design (triptych is limited to 20)
- Supplied unframed
- Each print is numbered, titled, signed and dated by the artist
- Created using archival materials and processes
Overseas customers - please be aware there may be additional tariffs payable on this item