"Flora and Fauna" - Original Cyanotype Print
incl. VAT, plus shipping
Delivery Time 1 - 3 Business days
Part of a new collection of prints I have created using the cyanotype process. This process was discovered by John Herschel in the 1840s and is a way of creating "photographic" prints by hand. The prints are created by coating a surface with sensitiser and exposing to UV light for a period of time. The print is then washed in clear water and the image appears as if by magic! Once dry, the colour oxidises to its final state, which is traditionally a Prussian Blue.
I create the "negatives" for my cyanotypes by merging numerous photographic elements together on Photoshop - but that is the only "digital" part of the process. The prints are then entirely hand crafted following the cyanotype process, which results in the wonderful "painterly" edges and marks which can only by achieved with a hand made piece of art. I'm so very excited and happy to be making these prints and I hope you love them too!
Size or Dimensions
Comes supplied in a cream coloured mount ready to fit in a 10 x 10 inch square frame. Image size approx 18cm diameter.
Please note, the mount shown in the photograph is for display purposes only and is a different size to the one supplied with the print.
- Handmade cyanotype print, created from a compilation of my own photographs
- This is a unique, one-off print. Each time I use this negative to make a print, I get a totally unique result. Therefore I will not be making an "edition" of these prints, but individual pieces of art
- Print is made on creamy soft-white 300gsm Bockingford hot pressed smooth paper
- Supplied in a cream coloured window mount, ready to slot into a square 10 x 10 inch frame
- Although cyanotype prints are archival, like all artworks, it is recommended that they are displayed away from direct sunlight
Please let me know if this is going to be a gift for someone - I will happily post direct to the recipient and include a hand-written card :-)